f

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Give The Tongue a Treat with This Lovely Appetizer

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm back! Last Wednesday, I flew down to Texas for a short whirlwind trip and I had a wonderful time. It was great to see friends and just do fun things for a few days. On Thursday night, I was invited to have dinner with friends. Her daughter had taken a cooking class at Sur La Table and made the most delightful appetizer. She made it for me and, oh my goodness was it ever good!!! In fact, I could have just had it as my dinner and been completely happy. It's super easy to make, just the perfect last minute appetizer. Since I enjoyed it so much, I thought I would share it with you as well. Sadly, the recipe is not on the Sur La Table recipe page, but it's simple enough, so you can just print it out and save it if you think you might like to give it a try.
Baked Feta

8 oz. Greek Feta sliced into 1/2" thick slabs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 jalapeno(or pepper of choice)sliced thin
Juice and zest of 1 lemon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place sliced feta in oven proof serving dish. Crush herbs between fingers and sprinkle over feta. Season generously with black pepper. Top feta with sliced jalapeno and drizzle over the olive oil.
Place dish in preheated oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and zest. Serve with crackers or toasted slices of french bread.

This isn't the healthiest dish, by no means, but it is so good, and appetizers are not something we eat on a daily basis, so it's good to allow the tongue to have some fun from time to time!!!!
Enjoy!!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. Rhonda, this looks delicious, thanks for sharing! I will definitely try this out, as we are all big feta lovers.

    ReplyDelete