f

Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Morning Inspiration/Diane Von Furstenberg

Do you ever look at something and see an image that probably, no one else sees?
I was actually on Pinterest looking for some stripe inspiration when I came across the first picture and it immediately reminded me of a whale. I know, crazy, but look at the pink image, it could be a fish tail that's up in the air! Well, at least in my imagination :)
I was curious to try and find the dress, and as it turns out, it's from the 2013 Diane Von Furstenberg Fall Collection. The search lead to Style.com where I found a lovely and timeless collection. It of course includes the iconic wrap dress, but in suede.  The prints are a little wild, but lots of fun, so take a look.







I included a picture of Diane as I love the dress she is wearing.
The fashion show really brings the garments to life. It's a little less than 10 minutes long, so worth a coffee break.

And for a little more Monday Morning Inspiration, I found this video on the beginnings of the Diane Von Furstenberg brand. It's just a short little 2 minute video, but quite interesting. Take note of the wrap dress that she is wearing in the video and the fact that she is wearing a camisole underneath it!

Wishing you a fabulous start to your week!
May your imagination lead you to unexpected places :)
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

13 comments:

  1. Such fabulous pieces. Have always loved Diane VF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is one of those designers who consistently makes clothes that women love to wear.

      Delete
  2. I so agree. DVF's clothes are remarkable, she has never put out a line that I have not liked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the giant animal prints. They are a bit OTT but so wearable (I think). That red/brown dress (or is it a jumpsuit) and that suede wrap dress are gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a jumpsuit. If you have a chance to take a look at the video, you'll see it move. Really gorgeous.

      Delete
  4. Yep, I see fishes' tails. But then again, it took me a long time to see the bat in the Batman logo; I only saw tonsils and thought it was someone screaming. Is the maroon and pink dress printed or pieced/appliqued? I love the DVF's graphic prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not alone!!
      I have a feeling that the pink and maroon dress is a printed fabric. She does such lovely and fun prints.

      Delete
  5. The second lady's outfit looks like a spider to me. I bet you see shapes in clouds too, I know I do.
    DVF are classic and very wearable to real people. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first dress is stunning! And I love the way she mixes prints. She has an animal print coat over a different print top. I'd call that daring but it works so well. As a designer, she's had such staying power!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DVF designs are so wearable which perhaps is the key to her success. I could see myself in every item.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection. and loved the models. Most looked like they had lunch and were smiling :) I found myself smiling watching them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too noticed that fact that the models weren't bone thin and that they actually seemed to be enjoying themselves. Wow, what a concept ;)

      Delete