f

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Have You Ever Wanted A Dolce and Gabbana Gown?

The Fall/Winter 2015/16 collection from Dolce and Gabbana was all about roses. I thought it was an especially pretty collection. 



This morning I received an email from Haberman Fabrics, a fabric store in Michigan. This store carries the most beautiful fabrics. I initially found out about the store while participating in the Passion For Fashion contest put on by The American Sewing Expo in Novi, Michigan. 

While not exactly the same, the embroideries that they have acquired will give you a very close copy of a Dolce and Gabbana gown.  
  


Underline it in a white silk charmuse and it would closely resemble the dress below.


The dress below is from Marchesa Notte.


This embroidery closely resembles the fabric used in the gown.


While both of the pieces above are beautiful, below is my favorite piece. And of course, it's the most expensive of the bunch! 



You can see all of Haberman's beautiful embroideries HERE

Sadly, I'm not getting any incentive to do this post. I just thought the fabrics were so beautiful and that you might at the very least enjoy seeing them. After all, it's always nice to dream :)

I'll let you know if I break down and purchase a piece.



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, those fabrics would go with the Dolce and Gabbana rose print sunglasses I saw two weeks ago while shopping for new frames. Sadly, they were a want and out of my new eyeglass budget. Beautiful fabric though, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know those sunglasses, they're beautiful! But....the price tag is woohooo!!! Still, it's nice to dream :)

      Delete
  2. I love roses. I just order a black and magenta jacquard fabric for a dress. I'm on trend. Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric. I love roses. Wish I had an occasion to make something with this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love looking at expensive fabrics as usually, as is the case here, they are as beautiful as they are expensive. An alternative is to create your own one of the many online create your own fabric businesses. Here is a link to my attempt, which I was thrilled to find a matching Dolce & Gabbana dress (sorry will need to scroll all the way to the bottom)
    https://orangewho.com/2015/10/22/its-october-it-must-be-octopi/

    Here is my att

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I never did want a Dolce and Gabbana dress until I saw those red red roses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love the pink roses. With the British pound as it is and the ludicrously high import tax it makes it only a wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lady who lives in the UK sent this site to me,
      http://www.joelandsonfabrics.com/uk/blog/
      While the fabrics aren't the same, they are beautiful, and much closer to home :)

      Delete
  7. I looked at these when they came in and realized that one even if I could afford it where and when would I wear the garment that I made from it. But they are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete